-   -   Total by 2 variables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/179171-total-2-variables.html)

Erik (AP Inc.)

Total by 2 variables

I want to be able to have a count of entries and be able to total entires per
month depending on what unit they are from.

Example:

Date Unit Savings
1/2/08 P01 100.00
2/3/08 P02 200.00
2/5/08 P01 500.00

Results
P01 Count : P02 Count : P01 Savings : P02 Savings
Jan. 1 0 100.00 0
Feb. 1 1 500.00 200.00

I have the date and the count figured out, but i dont know hoe to decipher
between units.

Thanks for any help

Don Guillett

Total by 2 variables

Show us YOUR efforts
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Erik (AP Inc.)" wrote in message
I want to be able to have a count of entries and be able to total entires
per
month depending on what unit they are from.

Example:

Date Unit Savings
1/2/08 P01 100.00
2/3/08 P02 200.00
2/5/08 P01 500.00

Results
P01 Count : P02 Count : P01 Savings : P02 Savings
Jan. 1 0 100.00 0
Feb. 1 1 500.00 200.00

I have the date and the count figured out, but i dont know hoe to decipher
between units.

Thanks for any help

Erik (AP Inc.)

Total by 2 variables

Count Total:
=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER('C.I Log Paulding 07'!E2:E500),--(MONTH('C.I Log
Paulding 07'!E2:E500)=1))

Savings Total:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH('C.I Log Paulding 07'!$E$2:$E$496)=1),--('C.I Log
Paulding 07'!$E$2:$E$496<"")*('C.I Log Paulding 07'!$P$2:$P$496))

I dont know what funtion to use to decipher between units. These formulas
look at all of the entries. It could be really simple, Im just not sure how
to start, everthing I've tried give me an error result

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Show us YOUR efforts
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Erik (AP Inc.)" wrote in message
I want to be able to have a count of entries and be able to total entires
per
month depending on what unit they are from.

Example:

Date Unit Savings