Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with a formula

In one section of my form there are 2 columns: A and B. Cell range B1:B7
contains a series of different numerical values associated with the
corresponding cells in cell range A1:A7. Form users will choose the value
they want from column B by typing an "x" in the corresponding cell in column
A. For example: from the 7 numerical values in column B, the form user may
select the value in cell B4 by typing an "x" in cell A4. The value from B4
needs to display in cell C1. So, I need your help to write a formula that
tells cell C1 to look at cell range A1:A7 and if any cell in that range
contains an "x", to display the contents of the corresponding cell (from cell
range B1:B7) in cell C1. Would someone please help me write a formula to
accomplish this? Please and Thank you for your assistance! Leslie