-   -   how do I search by more than one criteria in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/17788-how-do-i-search-more-than-one-criteria-excel.html)

vulcan88

how do I search by more than one criteria in excel?

I have a spread sheet that has various fields like name of person taking
call, name of person calling in, their account number, their order number
etc. I would like to be able to have a search function in Excel to look up
by more than one of these criteria, like order number and name of person
calling in - or any combination I might want without being case specific. I
would like to pull up as many possiblilties as possible but limited to the
criteria put in to search by.

Fredrik Wahlgren

"vulcan88" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet that has various fields like name of person taking
call, name of person calling in, their account number, their order number
etc. I would like to be able to have a search function in Excel to look

up
by more than one of these criteria, like order number and name of person
calling in - or any combination I might want without being case specific.

would like to pull up as many possiblilties as possible but limited to the
criteria put in to search by.

It seems you need to define these fields as a database.

/Fredrik

Jason Morin

I think Microsoft designed the AutoFilter to do exactly
what you're looking for. Debra Dalgleish has a nice
tutorial on her website that'll get you started:

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA