-   -   payroll calculations (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/177589-payroll-calculations.html)

Bernie

payroll calculations

I do payroll where I list hours per day I need a formula that when the hours
go over 40 that it will put 40 in one cell and the ammout of overtime in a
cell below it.

Also a formula that will look at other cells such as sick and vacation to be
part of the 40 hour week equation

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_71_]

payroll calculations

You could use this for the hours up to 40...

=MIN(40,A1)

and this for the excess...

=IF(A140,A1-40,"")

Rick