-   -   Average Formula to display blank cell if named range is blank (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/177578-average-formula-display-blank-cell-if-named-range-blank.html)

Rachael F

Average Formula to display blank cell if named range is blank

Hello

I have looked through the Excel posts but could not find an answerto the
following question. I would be grateful for any help.

I would like a formula that will display the average of columns A:C in
column D. This works fine if there are values in columns A:C, eg
5.0+5.0+7.0=5.6

If, however, the cells in A:C are blank, #DIV/0! is displayed.

A B C D
5.0 5.0 7.0 5.6
4.5 4.5 5.0 4.6
#DIV/0!

I would like column D to be blank if A:C are blank
& if values are displayed in A:C for the average value to be displayed in
column D.

I am using Excel 2000.

Many thanks.

Rachael

John Bundy

Average Formula to display blank cell if named range is blank

you can do an if(iserror(formula),"",formula
--
-John
is helpful.

"Rachael F" wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much, John. An iserror formula did the trick.

Best wishes.

Rachael

"Rachael F" wrote:

Hello

I have looked through the Excel posts but could not find an answerto the
following question. I would be grateful for any help.

I would like a formula that will display the average of columns A:C in
column D. This works fine if there are values in columns A:C, eg
5.0+5.0+7.0=5.6

If, however, the cells in A:C are blank, #DIV/0! is displayed.

A B C D
5.0 5.0 7.0 5.6
4.5 4.5 5.0 4.6
#DIV/0!

I would like column D to be blank if A:C are blank
& if values are displayed in A:C for the average value to be displayed in
column D.

I am using Excel 2000.

Many thanks.

Rachael

David Biddulph[_2_]

Average Formula to display blank cell if named range is blank

=IF(COUNT(A2:C2)=0,"",AVERAGE(A2:C2))
--
David Biddulph