-   -   Extracting numbers from registration marks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/177340-re-extracting-numbers-registration-marks.html)

Terry Bennett

Extracting numbers from registration marks

Guys

Huge thanks for your suggestions.

I have copied RagDye's solution and it works perfectly. Must admit,
however, I don't understand some of the functions used.

What, in particular, does the 99^99 refer to?!

Terry

"Terry Bennett" wrote in message
I have an extensive list of vehicle registration plates in column A of a
worksheet. They are in various formats but mostly:

NNNLLL
LLLNNNL

How would I go about extracting just the numbers from the registrations?
ie; for registration 123ABC I just want to return '123', or ABC456D I
need '456'

Thanks.