-   -   How do I combine If and AND Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/177212-how-do-i-combine-if-formula.html)

Nicole

How do I combine If and AND Formula

I want to use a IF Formula but need to combine it with an AND Formula as I am
trying to check if the value of a cell is between two values...in my case If
cell is between 12 and 24 show "X".

I came so far as =If(A1=12;"X";"") so now I need to get it also to check if
A1 is smaller than 24. How can I do that?

Regards

Nicole

Nicole

How do I combine If and AND Formula

Fixed it...thanks.

"Nicole" wrote:

I want to use a IF Formula but need to combine it with an AND Formula as I am
trying to check if the value of a cell is between two values...in my case If
cell is between 12 and 24 show "X".

I came so far as =If(A1=12;"X";"") so now I need to get it also to check if
A1 is smaller than 24. How can I do that?

Regards

Nicole

Tyro[_2_]

How do I combine If and AND Formula

Use the AND function

=IF(AND(A1=12,A1<24),"X","") or perhaps you meant
=IF(AND(A1=12,A1<=24),"X","")
Tyro

"Nicole" wrote in message
I want to use a IF Formula but need to combine it with an AND Formula as I
am
trying to check if the value of a cell is between two values...in my case
If
cell is between 12 and 24 show "X".

I came so far as =If(A1=12;"X";"") so now I need to get it also to check
if
A1 is smaller than 24. How can I do that?

Regards

Nicole

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_50_]

How do I combine If and AND Formula

Use the AND function

=IF(AND(A1=12,A1<24),"X","") or perhaps you meant
=IF(AND(A1=12,A1<=24),"X","")

If she meant the latter one, it's possible to have a formula without even
using the AND function...

=IF(ABS(A1-18)<=6,"X","")

Rick

Tyro[_2_]

How do I combine If and AND Formula

Obfuscation is a grand thing. I remember when we wrote entire C programs on
one line. Let's keep it simple
Tyro

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
Use the AND function

=IF(AND(A1=12,A1<24),"X","") or perhaps you meant
=IF(AND(A1=12,A1<=24),"X","")

If she meant the latter one, it's possible to have a formula without even
using the AND function...

=IF(ABS(A1-18)<=6,"X","")

Rick

RagDyeR

How do I combine If and AND Formula

<<<"Let's keep it simple"

Why?

Don't forget ... these groups are not just for the OPs.
They're part of an educational process for anyone interested in XL,
plus they add to the archives.

Once the OPs have their uncomplicated, lucid suggestions, what comes beyond
that can be enjoyable and entertaining, not to mention didactic, and
pedagogical to the "more informed".

RD