-   -   how can you average subtotals of visible cells only? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/176666-how-can-you-average-subtotals-visible-cells-only.html)

Bear Black

how can you average subtotals of visible cells only?

I have a project that needs to use the autoffilters to select varying line
items. I need to average only the visible cells. I am using the subtotal
function to get the sum of only the visible cells but i also need to get the
average of them as well.

I am using excel 2007. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JP[_4_]

how can you average subtotals of visible cells only?

If your data was in A1:A100, this would give the average of the
visible rows.

=SUBTOTAL(1,A1:A100)

For more help check out http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...624631033.aspx

HTH,