-   -   I have to count the entry which contains "January". (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/176540-i-have-count-entry-contains-january.html)

Gaurav

I have to count the entry which contains "January".

I have a data file which contains data date wise, now i want to count the no
of entries which have done in January. The data are not in seriol order like
and the entries could be increase. I have tried my best to get the answer but
not suceed yet.Could any one plz help me.?

Bernard Liengme

I have to count the entry which contains "January".

If the entries are real Excel dates: MONTH(A1) will give the month number
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A100)=1)) will count how many of the dates are
January dates
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme