-   -   count unique fields (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/176105-count-unique-fields.html)

megz12

count unique fields

In a row I have 4 to 5 unique fields, that can appear in more than 1 column.
I have a function to count all the text fields but I would like them
separated into unique counts.

Exp: blue red green red red blue green green = how many red, how many
green, etc. I would like each result in a different cell.

Thanks I am sure this is simple, but it doesn't seem to be working out.

FSt1

count unique fields

hi
countif....
=countif(A1:G1,"red")

you will need a countif forumula for each unique value.

Regards
FSt1

"megz12" wrote:

In a row I have 4 to 5 unique fields, that can appear in more than 1 column.
I have a function to count all the text fields but I would like them
separated into unique counts.

Exp: blue red green red red blue green green = how many red, how many
green, etc. I would like each result in a different cell.

Thanks I am sure this is simple, but it doesn't seem to be working out.

megz12

count unique fields

Thanks, that works great!