-   -   How can I concatenate text with leading zeros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/175144-how-can-i-concatenate-text-leading-zeros.html)

dick

How can I concatenate text with leading zeros

When I concatenate a number with leading zeros, the zeros are removed. How
can I retain them?

Beege

Dick wrote:
When I concatenate a number with leading zeros, the zeros are removed. How
can I retain them?

Dick,

Try & TEXT(A1,"00000") when concatenating?

Beege

Gord Dibben

How can I concatenate text with leading zeros

If the numbers have leading zeros they are already text so should not drop the
zeros.

Unless, of course, the numbers are just formatted to show leading zeros.

In that case =TEXT(G7,"000000")&TEXT(G8,"000000")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP