-   -   LARGE 1, LARGE 2, LARGE 3, LARGE 4 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/174922-large-1-large-2-large-3-large-4-a.html)

jeel

LARGE 1, LARGE 2, LARGE 3, LARGE 4

I am moving info using the LARGE 1, LARGE 2, LARGE 3, LARGE 4. I need the info
sorted in groups of 4. I put the formula in the first cell, A3,
=LARGE(jan!$AA$54:$AA$57,1). When I copy it down the 1 on the end of
the formula stays 1. Then I have manually go back and change to 2,3,4.
Is there a way to get it to change since I have lots of them to do?
Thank you, jeel

T. Valko

LARGE 1, LARGE 2, LARGE 3, LARGE 4

Try this:

=LARGE(jan!$AA$54:$AA$57,ROWS(A$3:A3))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jeel" wrote in message
I am moving info using the LARGE 1, LARGE 2, LARGE 3, LARGE 4. I need the
info
sorted in groups of 4. I put the formula in the first cell, A3,
=LARGE(jan!$AA$54:$AA$57,1). When I copy it down the 1 on the end of
the formula stays 1. Then I have manually go back and change to 2,3,4.
Is there a way to get it to change since I have lots of them to do?
Thank you, jeel

Greg Wilson

LARGE 1, LARGE 2, LARGE 3, LARGE 4

If the formula starts in cell A3 then in place of 1 use "Row() - 2" and drag
down. The logic being that "Row()" returns 3 for cell A3, and when you minus
2 the result is 1. For the next cell (A4), "Row()" returns 4, and when you
minus 2 the result is 2 and so on.

Regards,
Greg