-   -   How to copy formula with one cell constant (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/174860-how-copy-formula-one-cell-constant.html)

Mark

How to copy formula with one cell constant

How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?

A B C

1 2

2 10 =A2*B1

3 20 =A3*B1

4 30 =A4*B1

Thanks

Pete_UK

How to copy formula with one cell constant

Put this formula in B2:

=A2*B$1

When you copy this down the $1 will not change.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 29, 7:10*pm, Mark wrote:
How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?

* * * A * * *B * * C

1 * * * * * 2

2 * 10 * *=A2*B1

3 * 20 * *=A3*B1

4 *30 * * =A4*B1

Thanks

Stan Brown

How to copy formula with one cell constant

Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:10:05 -0800 from Mark
:
How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?

A B C

1 2

2 10 =A2*B1

3 20 =A3*B1

4 30 =A4*B1

?? B2 ??

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

[email protected]

How to copy formula with one cell constant

Dear pete_uk,

Thanks a ton,

saved lot my time and appricate your effort on this.
Regards,
Dr. Shashi
www.holidaymantra.com

On Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:10:05 PM UTC-5, Mark wrote:
How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?

A B C

1 2

2 10 =A2*B1

3 20 =A3*B1

4 30 =A4*B1

Thanks

GOOD JOB GUYS

[email protected]

On Tuesday, 29 January 2008 20:10:05 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?

A B C

1 2

2 10 =A2*B1

3 20 =A3*B1

4 30 =A4*B1

Thanks

Very helpful - quickly solved a problem that I had never gotten round to resolving. Thanks, so much!

wabbleknee

How to copy formula with one cell constant

Try $B$2