-   -   Referencing Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/173968-referencing-cells.html)

PAL

Referencing Cells

I have several columns with dates and text. For example:

1A text
1B date
1C date

Sometimes these fields have no value. When I go to reference them on
another worksheet, if the text field is blank I get a "0" if the date is
blank, I get "0-jan-00".
I have to reformat whenever I do this. Is there a way to get blanks without
reformatting? Thanks.

Ron@Buy

Referencing Cells

Try =IF(A1="","",A1) and copy down