Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum Count of Numeric Duplicates: appears x2 in any Row

Hi All,

I have two dynamic named ranges: "Data" and "Refs", each spanning 10 columns
and the same number of rows. They both hold numeric values.

Using input cells for the varying criteria, I would like to find the summed
count of a criterion that appears twice (x2) in any single row of "Data". The
count will be qualified and restricted by a range of values within "Refs".
Sample "Refs" values are 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207-1000+. The "Refs"
values will be used in a sequential single group / block of 7 but the actual
range will vary; i.e. 229-235, 250-256 or 257-263 etc.

Required Solution:
Input cell for "Data" criterion
Input cell(s) for "Refs" criteria (varying sequential group of 7 values)
Sum the count of "Data" criterion that appears twice in any row of "Data" and
is within the numeric range 207-214 in "Refs".

If possible, I would like a flexible formula that does not require filling
down alongside the original data.
The summed count should be returned to a single cell on a different worksheet
to where the actual data is held.

Thanks
Sam