-   -   fill color doesn't work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/17383-fill-color-doesnt-work.html)

Judy

fill color doesn't work

When I try to use fill color on a spreadsheet, it doesn't show on the
screen. When I do a print preview, or print the colors are there. Also
when I type my letters in black there seems to be a "shadow of a color"
behind them as I type. What's going on? How can I fix these two problems??

Gord Dibben

Judy

If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS
high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the
following MSKB article:

OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;320531

May also fix your "shadow" problem.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:17:06 -0800, "Judy"
wrote:

When I try to use fill color on a spreadsheet, it doesn't show on the
screen. When I do a print preview, or print the colors are there. Also
when I type my letters in black there seems to be a "shadow of a color"
behind them as I type. What's going on? How can I fix these two problems??

Debra Dalgleish

The problem can be caused by the high contrast setting. There's
information in the Excel FAQs he

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Fill

--
Debra Dalgleish