-   -   I have a DB of auction items sold, how can I create receipt? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/173823-i-have-db-auction-items-sold-how-can-i-create-receipt.html)

nwtf_vol

I have a DB of auction items sold, how can I create receipt?

I have a list of auction items, and as they are sold I will be filling in the
customer number next to the corresponding item (column headings are cust# and
item description). I want to be able to create a receipt from this data. I
have the receipt formatted and created. However, I am having trouble when a
user has multiple purchases because when I look up the data, I always only
find the first entry for a specific customer in the list. I think I need to
index the value some how, but I am not sure. Can someone help me out on the
formula I will need to use to return the next value in the table? Thank you,
I really appreciate the help.

Gaurav[_2_]

I have a DB of auction items sold, how can I create receipt?

Suppose your Customer number is in B1, you want the purchases in B3. In
Sheet1 you have customer numbers in Column A and Items Purchased in Column
D.

Enter this array formula in B3 and drag down till the time you get blank.

=IF(ROWS(B$3:B3)<=COUNTIF('Sheet1!D$1:D$100,B$1),I NDEX('Sheet1'!A$1:A$100,SMALL(IF('Sheet1'!D$1:D$10 0=B$1,ROW('Sheet1'!A$1:A$100)-MIN(ROW('Sheet1'!A$1:A$100))+1),ROWS(B$3:B3))),"")

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER not just ENTER.

Thanks

"nwtf_vol" wrote in message
I have a list of auction items, and as they are sold I will be filling in
the
customer number next to the corresponding item (column headings are cust#
and
item description). I want to be able to create a receipt from this data.
have the receipt formatted and created. However, I am having trouble when
user has multiple purchases because when I look up the data, I always only
find the first entry for a specific customer in the list. I think I need
index the value some how, but I am not sure. Can someone help me out on
the
formula I will need to use to return the next value in the table? Thank
you,
I really appreciate the help.

nwtf_vol[_2_]

I have a DB of auction items sold, how can I create receipt?

I tried using this formula and it didn't seem to work. I am probably doing
something wrong. On my receipt, the customer number is in cell E7, and I
want the purchases to start in row 17 and go down (b17 is the item#, c17 is
the item description, and e is the item price). The other sheet contains my
auction items with the cust# in column a, the item# in column b, and the
description in column c. I thought I adjusted the formula properly, but it
didn't return anything. Can you help me one more time? Thank you!!!