Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default index/large..help please

Hi Group

Xp Pro
M/S Office 2003

I have a single worksheet where I keep records of a bowls league.

Headings for the columns(row 3) a
Team, Played, Won, Drawn, Lost, +/-, Shot diff', Total points.

A4:A10 are the full team names.
H4:H10 are the Total points.

From above info' is it possible to "automate" this table, when I enter one
or more results?

I have tried the functions "large" and "index", but unable to get the TEAM
NAMES(resulting in "0"), yet I was able to do the Total points column ok!!

Currently I manually enter my results as they are available, then I use
DATA/SORT to give me the desired table.(highest & lowest scores).

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Terry,

Try this, you may need to change the ranges.

Put this in I4 and drag down to I10
=H4-ROW()/10^10

Put this in K4 and drag down to K10
=INDEX($A$4:$A$10,(MATCH(LARGE($I$4:$I$10,ROW()-3),$I$4:$I$10,0)))

Put this in L4 and drag down to L10
=LARGE($H$4:$H$10,ROW()-3)

The formula in column I is a helper column and can be hidden.

The other formulae can be moved but you will need to adjust
the 3 to be one less than the row it resides in.

HTH
Martin

"Terry" wrote in message
Hi Group

Xp Pro
M/S Office 2003

I have a single worksheet where I keep records of a bowls league.

Headings for the columns(row 3) a
Team, Played, Won, Drawn, Lost, +/-, Shot diff', Total points.

A4:A10 are the full team names.
H4:H10 are the Total points.

From above info' is it possible to "automate" this table, when I enter one
or more results?

I have tried the functions "large" and "index", but unable to get the TEAM
NAMES(resulting in "0"), yet I was able to do the Total points column ok!!

Currently I manually enter my results as they are available, then I use
DATA/SORT to give me the desired table.(highest & lowest scores).

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you kindly Martin.

I am trying to work it into my spreadsheet.
May I ask what should be in blank "J" column, as you have no mention of it,
but include: "I", "K" and "L" columns.

Regards
Terry

"Terry" wrote in message
Hi Group

Xp Pro
M/S Office 2003

I have a single worksheet where I keep records of a bowls league.

Headings for the columns(row 3) a
Team, Played, Won, Drawn, Lost, +/-, Shot diff', Total points.

A4:A10 are the full team names.
H4:H10 are the Total points.

From above info' is it possible to "automate" this table, when I enter
one or more results?

I have tried the functions "large" and "index", but unable to get the
TEAM NAMES(resulting in "0"), yet I was able to do the Total points
column ok!!

Currently I manually enter my results as they are available, then I use
DATA/SORT to give me the desired table.(highest & lowest scores).

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Terry,

Your welcome Terry,
The blank column is just a habit of mine. I like keeping
things separated for the visual look, it makes for less
clutter.

Regards
Martin

"Terry" wrote in message
Hi Group

Xp Pro
M/S Office 2003

I have a single worksheet where I keep records of a bowls league.

Headings for the columns(row 3) a
Team, Played, Won, Drawn, Lost, +/-, Shot diff', Total points.

A4:A10 are the full team names.
H4:H10 are the Total points.

From above info' is it possible to "automate" this table, when I enter
one or more results?

I have tried the functions "large" and "index", but unable to get the
TEAM NAMES(resulting in "0"), yet I was able to do the Total points
column ok!!

Currently I manually enter my results as they are available, then I use
DATA/SORT to give me the desired table.(highest & lowest scores).

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK Martin, but I am only a novice senior citizen!!...hence the questions.

I will report to group as I complete my spreadsheet to my desire.

Terry

"Terry" wrote in message
Hi Group

Xp Pro
M/S Office 2003

I have a single worksheet where I keep records of a bowls league.

Headings for the columns(row 3) a
Team, Played, Won, Drawn, Lost, +/-, Shot diff', Total points.

A4:A10 are the full team names.
H4:H10 are the Total points.

From above info' is it possible to "automate" this table, when I enter
one or more results?

I have tried the functions "large" and "index", but unable to get the
TEAM NAMES(resulting in "0"), yet I was able to do the Total points
column ok!!

Currently I manually enter my results as they are available, then I use
DATA/SORT to give me the desired table.(highest & lowest scores).

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
I may have misslead here, because I would like the corresponding columns(in
my first post), to move with the Total points, and Team names, if possible?

Terry

"Terry" wrote in message
Hi Group

Xp Pro
M/S Office 2003

I have a single worksheet where I keep records of a bowls league.

Headings for the columns(row 3) a
Team, Played, Won, Drawn, Lost, +/-, Shot diff', Total points.

A4:A10 are the full team names.
H4:H10 are the Total points.

From above info' is it possible to "automate" this table, when I enter
one or more results?

I have tried the functions "large" and "index", but unable to get the
TEAM NAMES(resulting in "0"), yet I was able to do the Total points
column ok!!

Currently I manually enter my results as they are available, then I use
DATA/SORT to give me the desired table.(highest & lowest scores).

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK, we must be at cross purposes here. Probably the
easiest way to sort it out is for you to send me a
copy of your sheet, then I can see what's going on.
Send it to
Please add an explanation of precisely what you want

Also please leave a post here when you have sent it.
I get a notification when watched messages are responded
to here whereas I would need to keep checking Hotmail
on the off chance.

Regards
Martin

"Terry" wrote in message
Hi Group

Xp Pro
M/S Office 2003

I have a single worksheet where I keep records of a bowls league.

Headings for the columns(row 3) a
Team, Played, Won, Drawn, Lost, +/-, Shot diff', Total points.

A4:A10 are the full team names.
H4:H10 are the Total points.

From above info' is it possible to "automate" this table, when I enter
one or more results?

I have tried the functions "large" and "index", but unable to get the
TEAM NAMES(resulting in "0"), yet I was able to do the Total points
column ok!!

Currently I manually enter my results as they are available, then I
use DATA/SORT to give me the desired table.(highest & lowest scores).

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Martin.....an email sent to you with the table as requested.
..
Terry

"Terry" wrote in message
Hi Group

Xp Pro
M/S Office 2003

I have a single worksheet where I keep records of a bowls league.

Headings for the columns(row 3) a
Team, Played, Won, Drawn, Lost, +/-, Shot diff', Total points.

A4:A10 are the full team names.
H4:H10 are the Total points.

From above info' is it possible to "automate" this table, when I
enter one or more results?

I have tried the functions "large" and "index", but unable to get the
TEAM NAMES(resulting in "0"), yet I was able to do the Total points
column ok!!

Currently I manually enter my results as they are available, then I
use DATA/SORT to give me the desired table.(highest & lowest scores).

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Terry,

Responded to your Hotmail addy

Regards
Martin

"TERRY" wrote in message
Thank you Martin.....an email sent to you with the table as requested.
.
Terry

"Terry" wrote in message
Hi Group

Xp Pro
M/S Office 2003

I have a single worksheet where I keep records of a bowls league.

Headings for the columns(row 3) a
Team, Played, Won, Drawn, Lost, +/-, Shot diff', Total points.

A4:A10 are the full team names.
H4:H10 are the Total points.

From above info' is it possible to "automate" this table, when I
enter one or more results?

I have tried the functions "large" and "index", but unable to get
the TEAM NAMES(resulting in "0"), yet I was able to do the Total
points column ok!!

Currently I manually enter my results as they are available, then I
use DATA/SORT to give me the desired table.(highest & lowest
scores).

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cheers Martin.
Terry

"Terry" wrote in message
Hi Group

Xp Pro
M/S Office 2003

I have a single worksheet where I keep records of a bowls league.

Headings for the columns(row 3) a
Team, Played, Won, Drawn, Lost, +/-, Shot diff', Total points.

A4:A10 are the full team names.
H4:H10 are the Total points.

From above info' is it possible to "automate" this table, when I
enter one or more results?