-   -   Worksheet Protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/173658-worksheet-protection.html)

Susan

Worksheet Protection

Hello All,
I'm sure its something simple, but I am having trouble protecting specific
cells in a worksheet. Followed the help instructions, but not having any
luck.
Need to protect a row of headers and the next rows will be used by others,
but need to protect the format only of the blank rows. Using Excel 2000
Appreciate your advice.
Thank you everyone
Sue

Pete_UK

Worksheet Protection

You need to unlock the cells which you want the Users to adjust -
highlight the cells and click on Format | Cells | Protection tab and
unclick Locked and Hidden for those cells. Now apply Tools |
Protection | Protect Sheet (with or without a password), and the cells
which were not changed (i.e. your headers) will now be locked.

In later versions of Excel there are some options as to what a User is
allowed to do in a protected sheet, but those were not available in XL
2000 - it's all or nothing.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 18, 10:29*pm, Susan wrote:
Hello All,
I'm sure its something simple, but I am having trouble protecting specific
cells in a worksheet. *Followed the help instructions, but not having any
luck.
Need to protect a row of headers and the next rows will be used by others,
but need to protect the format only of the blank rows. *Using Excel 2000
Appreciate your advice.
Thank you everyone
Sue

Susan

Worksheet Protection

Thank you Pete, will give it another try.

On Jan 18, 10:29 pm, Susan wrote:
Hello All,
I'm sure its something simple, but I am having trouble protecting specific
cells in a worksheet. Followed the help instructions, but not having any
luck.
Need to protect a row of headers and the next rows will be used by others,
but need to protect the format only of the blank rows. Using Excel 2000
Appreciate your advice.
Thank you everyone
Sue

Pete_UK

Worksheet Protection

You're welcome, Susan.

Pete

On Jan 18, 10:29 pm, Susan wrote:
Hello All,
I'm sure its something simple, but I am having trouble protecting specific
cells in a worksheet. *Followed the help instructions, but not having any
luck.
Need to protect a row of headers and the next rows will be used by others,
but need to protect the format only of the blank rows. *Using Excel 2000
Appreciate your advice.
Thank you everyone
Sue- Hide quoted text -