-   -   Automating excel with outlook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/173558-automating-excel-outlook.html)

sjj11

Automating excel with outlook

Hi,

I am tryiing to setup an automated command within excel for every 1/2 hr to
send a column in excel with data to large group of people through outlook.

I am using this code but it is not working out:

Sub AutoRefresh()

ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:01:00"), "SendEmail"
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:30:00"), "AutoRefresh"

End Sub

It works only the 1st time when the workbook is open after that for every
1/2 hr it loses 1 min so the next time instead of starting @ 30 min interval,
it starts @ 29 min and so on. In the end the schedule email gets delivered
earlier and earlier instead of the precise 30 min interval that I am looking
for.

How can I get it done???

ryguy7272

Automating excel with outlook

I may be wrong, but I don't think you need Outlook to do what you want to do.
Take a look at this:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/OnTime.aspx

Regards,
Ryan--