-   -   IF Error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/173468-if-error.html)

PAL

IF Error

I am trying to put a Year or blank in a field. I have to fields for a date:

H2 is Actual
G2 is Planned

I would like the Year from H2 in a C2; however if it is blank, I would like
it to look at G2 and populate the year in C2. If G2 is blank, I would like
C2 to be blank, but I get the "#Value!". I have tried 2 approaches that do
not seem to work.

=IF(H20,YEAR(H2),(IF(G20,YEAR(G2),"")))

and

=IF(H20,YEAR(H2),(IF(ISERROR(G20)),"",YEAR(G2))) )

Lastly if it is not G1, I would like it to come up in red (trying to avoid
VB; formating is a nice to have only).

Thanks.

PCLIVE

IF Error

Maybe this:

=IF(H2="",IF(G2="","",G2),H2)

HTH,
Paul

--

"PAL" wrote in message
[...]

For your second part, I'm assuming that you want cell C2 to be in Red if it
does not equal cell G1.
Use conditional formatting under the Format menu.

Cell Value Is
not equal to
=$G$1

Set your formatting.

Regards,
Paul

--

"PCLIVE" wrote in message
Maybe this:

=IF(H2="",IF(G2="","",G2),H2)

HTH,
Paul

--

"PAL" wrote in message
[...]

You nailed it. THanks.

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Maybe this:

=IF(H2="",IF(G2="","",G2),H2)

HTH,
Paul

--

"PAL" wrote in message
I am trying to put a Year or blank in a field. I have to fields for a
date:

H2 is Actual
G2 is Planned

I would like the Year from H2 in a C2; however if it is blank, I would
like
it to look at G2 and populate the year in C2. If G2 is blank, I would
like
C2 to be blank, but I get the "#Value!". I have tried 2 approaches that
do
not seem to work.

=IF(H20,YEAR(H2),(IF(G20,YEAR(G2),"")))

and

=IF(H20,YEAR(H2),(IF(ISERROR(G20)),"",YEAR(G2))) )

Lastly if it is not G1, I would like it to come up in red (trying to avoid
VB; formating is a nice to have only).

Thanks.

Teethless mama

IF Error