-   -   Drag Copy (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/173178-drag-copy.html)

jchandler0614

Drag Copy

Can someone tell me if you can use the CTRL drag options to keep the same
cell contents when copying, but also keep various fill colors?

Tyro[_2_]

Drag Copy

Have you tried dragging with and without pressing Ctrl to see what happens?

Tyro

"jchandler0614" wrote in message
Can someone tell me if you can use the CTRL drag options to keep the same
cell contents when copying, but also keep various fill colors?

ShaneDevenshire

Drag Copy

Hi,

We need a little more detail - are you trying to fill down or to the right?
are you trying to copy from one cell to a different cell which is not
adjacent? Where are the colors - in the cells you are copying or in the
target cells?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"jchandler0614" wrote:

Can someone tell me if you can use the CTRL drag options to keep the same
cell contents when copying, but also keep various fill colors?

ShaneDevenshire

Drag Copy

an addition to my last post -

If you are selecting 10 cells to fill down and you want to retain their
values and their colors, highlight the cells and drag the fill handle without
the Ctrl key and when you release the mouse open the Auto Fill Option button
at the bottom right corner of the filled area and choose Copy Cells.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire