-   -   Vlookup -Difference between 2 versions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/172843-vlookup-difference-between-2-versions.html)

Ed

Vlookup -Difference between 2 versions

I have seen the use of the following 2 versions of VLOOKUP and would like to
know the difference in the # of cells searched:

A. "=VLOOKUP(A6,'PPR Data'!B1:J10,9,0)"

B. "=VLOOKUP(A6,'PPR Data'!B:J,9,0)"

ShaneDevenshire

Vlookup -Difference between 2 versions

Hi Ed,

It is my understanding that the B:J entry will cause Excel to check every
entry in column B until it finds a hit and if it doesn't find a hit it would
search every entry. - 65,535 or in Excel 2007 ~1,048,000 items.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire