-   -   How do I average only if data in another column = "X"? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/172683-how-do-i-average-only-if-data-another-column-%3D-x.html)

NeedToKnowBasis

How do I average only if data in another column = "X"?

I know conditional formulas, but can't seem to program an average into an IF
formula.

Bernie Deitrick

How do I average only if data in another column = "X"?

Use SUMIF() / COUNTIF()

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"NeedToKnowBasis" wrote in message
I know conditional formulas, but can't seem to program an average into an IF
formula.

David Biddulph[_2_]

How do I average only if data in another column = "X"?

What formula are you trying? What error are you getting, or what unexpected
result from what inputs?
--
David Biddulph

"NeedToKnowBasis" wrote in