-   -   Hyperlink (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/172138-hyperlink.html)

Rooky228

Hyperlink

I am working with a spreadsheet with two tabs of 1,000 rows. I would like to
hyperlink from one to the other. I can install a hyperlink in row one, but
when I try to copy and paste for the next 999 rows, the link stays up on row
one instead of following down the the next rows.

Is there a way of propogating a hyperlink down the page without having to
enter manually enter it in each cell?

Don Guillett

Hyperlink

Don't

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Rooky228" wrote in message
I am working with a spreadsheet with two tabs of 1,000 rows. I would like
hyperlink from one to the other. I can install a hyperlink in row one,
but
when I try to copy and paste for the next 999 rows, the link stays up on
row
one instead of following down the the next rows.

Is there a way of propogating a hyperlink down the page without having to
enter manually enter it in each cell?

Rooky228

Hyperlink

Don,
Why not?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Don't

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Rooky228" wrote in message
I am working with a spreadsheet with two tabs of 1,000 rows. I would like
hyperlink from one to the other. I can install a hyperlink in row one,
but
when I try to copy and paste for the next 999 rows, the link stays up on
row
one instead of following down the the next rows.

Is there a way of propogating a hyperlink down the page without having to
enter manually enter it in each cell?

Jim Cone

Hyperlink

Use a Hyperlink formula in an adjacent column.
The following formula links to the cell in Column B of Sheet2 that is in the
same row as the hyperlink formula. The formula can be filled down or up.

=HYPERLINK("[TestBook.xls]Sheet2!B" & ROW(),"Click Me")
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Rooky228"
wrote in message
I am working with a spreadsheet with two tabs of 1,000 rows. I would like to
hyperlink from one to the other. I can install a hyperlink in row one, but
when I try to copy and paste for the next 999 rows, the link stays up on row
one instead of following down the the next rows.

Is there a way of propogating a hyperlink down the page without having to
enter manually enter it in each cell?

Rooky228

Hyperlink

Jim, thank you! Works great.