-   -   Obtain row number of active cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/172083-obtain-row-number-active-cell.html)

Jive

Obtain row number of active cell

Hi i am having a problem with the following section of code within the larger
peice below it.

DBaseRow = ActiveRow
Cells(DBaseRow, 5) = TDMCAD

The whole code is suppose to decect specific changes in the "DesignManager"
Workbook and update the values in the "ProjectsMaster" Workbook but i am
having problems obtaining the row address to use in the cell adresses to
paste the values.

This will no doubt be a simple answer but i am banging my head on the wall
as you read this in frustration. Thanks in advance.

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
DesignManager = ActiveWorkbook.Name
Workbooks.Open Filename:="J:\ProSys\DataBase\Projects Master.xls",
ProjectsMaster = ActiveWorkbook.Name
Windows(DesignManager).Activate

For i = 1 To 1000
If Cells(i, 12) = True Then
ProjectID = Cells(i, 1).Value
DMCAD = Cells(i, 5).Value
DMType = Cells(i, 6).Value
DMNotes = Cells(i, 10).Value
Windows(ProjectsMaster).Activate
Cells.Find(What:=ProjectID, After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlValues,
LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
DBaseRow = ActiveRow
Cells(DBaseRow, 5) = DMCAD
Cells(DBaseRow, 6) = DMType
Cells(DBaseRow, 11) = DMNotes
End If
Next i

Mike H

Obtain row number of active cell

Maybe

DBaseRow = ActiveCell.Row
Cells(DBaseRow, 5) = TDMCAD

Mike

"Jive" wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that, i knew it would be simple.

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe

DBaseRow = ActiveCell.Row
Cells(DBaseRow, 5) = TDMCAD

Mike

"Jive" wrote:

[...]

your welcome

"Jive" wrote:

Thanks for that, i knew it would be simple.

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe

DBaseRow = ActiveCell.Row
Cells(DBaseRow, 5) = TDMCAD

Mike

"Jive" wrote:

[...]

papou[_4_]

Obtain row number of active cell

Hello

I would suggest a slight amendment to your code:
'...
Windows(ProjectsMaster).Activate
Dim Rng As Range
With ActiveSheet.Cells
Set Rng = .Find(What:=ProjectID, After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlValues,
LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False)
If Not Rng Is Nothing Then
Cells(Rng.Row, 5).Value = DMCAD