-   -   formulas/data validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/171018-formulas-data-validation.html)

CHRIS...in trouble

formulas/data validation

I have a table with months vertically and xxxx horizontally. I want a data
validation drop down to give me information from within the table. Such as
jan+feb+march=XXXX Table is only numbers. Catch to this is I may need jan,
march, aug. No real method to the madness...other than I need a drop down/s
to select months that will show sum of the selection! I have been trying to
figure it out for a week! If you know, at least act like it was a tough
question...LOL
I WILL NEED ALL "xxx" INFO FROM EACH MONTH
XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
XXX XXX
JAN 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
FEB 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
MAR 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
APR 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
MAY 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
JUN 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
JUL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
AUG 5 0 10 0 0 939 1
SEP 10 0 23 0 1 1221 1
OCT 2 0 5 0 0 455 0
NOV 5 0 9 0 0 615 0
DEC 15 3 14 0 0 0 0
TOTAL 37 3 61 0 1 3230 2

Barb Reinhardt

formulas/data validation

I've never used the intersect operator, but it sounds like that's what you
want to do. Check this out.

http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...and-intersect/
--
HTH,