-   -   Drop Down Menu ~ Source from Different Spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/170877-drop-down-menu-%7E-source-different-spreadsheet.html)

Diane

Drop Down Menu ~ Source from Different Spreadsheet

Can't get the 2 spreadsheets to link. Created "defined name" with reference
to the source spreadsheet. Destination spreadsheet will not allow me to use
the defined name in the validation list reference.

T. Valko

Drop Down Menu ~ Source from Different Spreadsheet

If "spreadsheet" means a separate workbook (file) then the source workbook
must be open.

See your other post.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Diane" wrote in message
Can't get the 2 spreadsheets to link. Created "defined name" with
reference
to the source spreadsheet. Destination spreadsheet will not allow me to
use
the defined name in the validation list reference.

ryguy7272

Drop Down Menu ~ Source from Different Spreadsheet

Take a look at this site; I think this will do what you need it to do:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Refer

Regards,
Ryan---

--