-   -   lookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/170800-lookup.html)

smeldawg

lookup

I want to create a lookup that will show a location and its availability. I
currently have a vlookup where you type in the file number and it will show
you the location. I want to also have a field that shows if the file is in or
not, and if that file is being pulled, you can annotate so. I know this is
not possible in vlookup. What are your suggestions?
--
Drock-13

ryguy7272

lookup

This may give you what you want:
=address(index(range,match(criteria,match,0)))
This show the cell address...

Post back if you have more questions.

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"smeldawg" wrote:

I want to create a lookup that will show a location and its availability. I
currently have a vlookup where you type in the file number and it will show
you the location. I want to also have a field that shows if the file is in or
not, and if that file is being pulled, you can annotate so. I know this is
not possible in vlookup. What are your suggestions?
--
Drock-13

Noob Jedi

lookup

On Dec 26, 3:28*pm, smeldawg
wrote:
I want to create a lookup that will show a location and its availability. I
currently have a vlookup where you type in the file number and it will show
you the location. I want to also have a field that shows if the file is in or
not, and if that file is being pulled, you can annotate so. *I know this is
not possible in vlookup. What are your suggestions?
--
Drock-13

Can you illustrate how you have your data setup?