-   -   conditional formatting with blank date fields (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/170717-conditional-formatting-blank-date-fields.html)

Freida

conditional formatting with blank date fields

I am trying to do a CF on a cell as follows:

If D40 is not blank and E40 is blank, I would like to apply the CF.
D40 and E40 are both formatted as dates.

I tried =AND(D40<"",E40=""), but it did not work.
I also tried comparing it to 0 (zero) rather than to "", but it still didn't
work.

Any ideas?

Sandy Mann

conditional formatting with blank date fields

=AND(D40<"",E40="")

Works for me.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Freida" wrote in message
I am trying to do a CF on a cell as follows:

If D40 is not blank and E40 is blank, I would like to apply the CF.
D40 and E40 are both formatted as dates.

I tried =AND(D40<"",E40=""), but it did not work.
I also tried comparing it to 0 (zero) rather than to "", but it still
didn't
work.

Any ideas?

David Biddulph[_2_]

conditional formatting with blank date fields

Did you remember to select "Formula Is", rather than "Cell Value Is" ?
--
David Biddulph