-   -   Formula Help between 2 worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/170567-formula-help-between-2-worksheets.html)

2Fishie

Formula Help between 2 worksheets

I am trying to get a formula between two worksheets. Basically, if any value
in column A on worksheet 1 matches a value in column A of worksheet 2,
provide me the value shown in column B in worksheet 2. Any suggestions?
--
Felicia

Max

Formula Help between 2 worksheets

Here's 2 ways to look it up - vlookup or index/match

In Sheet2,

Place in B2:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Sheet1!A:A,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A2,She et1!A:B,2,0))
Copy down as far as required

Alternatively, you could use in B2:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Sheet1!A:A,0)),"",INDEX(Sheet1!B :B,MATCH(A2,Sheet1!A:A,0)))
Copy down as far as required
--
Max
Singapore
"2Fishie" wrote:
I am trying to get a formula between two worksheets. Basically, if any value
in column A on worksheet 1 matches a value in column A of worksheet 2,
provide me the value shown in column B in worksheet 2. Any suggestions?
--
Felicia

T. Valko

Formula Help between 2 worksheets