-   -   LookUp/Match/Index/OffSet Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/170437-lookup-match-index-offset-question.html)

Carl

LookUp/Match/Index/OffSet Question

Not sure what to do on this one. I posted yesterday.

My Data Table is set-up like this:

Date AA GOOG DELL
20071212 0.99% 3.89% 1.32%
20071213 0.48% 2.96% 0.46%
20071214 1.02% 2.25% 1.37%
20071217 0.76% 4.37% 0.80%
20071218 0.73% 5.00% 0.52%

I need to create another table that has the date in ColA and the Stocks
(AA,GOOG etc) in B1:D1. I need a formula that will be in B2:D3 that gives
this result..

Date AA BAC DELL
20071212 0.99% NotFound 1.32%
20071217 0.76% NotFound 0.80%

Thank You in advance

JP[_4_]

LookUp/Match/Index/OffSet Question

If all you are doing is looking up a date and returning the values
from the columns on the right, try VLOOKUP.

If the date is in A1, this will return the value from the
corresponding AA column.

=VLOOKUP(A1,DataTableRange,2,FALSE)

For "DataTableRange" just highlight the entire data table with all the
dates,values, etc. The date column should be the leftmost column you
select.

For GOOG:

=VLOOKUP(A1,DataTableRange,3,FALSE)

For DELL:

=VLOOKUP(A1,DataTableRange,4,FALSE)

HTH,
JP

On Dec 20, 12:24 pm, carl wrote:
Not sure what to do on this one. I posted yesterday.

My Data Table is set-up like this:

Date AA GOOG DELL
20071212 0.99% 3.89% 1.32%
20071213 0.48% 2.96% 0.46%
20071214 1.02% 2.25% 1.37%
20071217 0.76% 4.37% 0.80%
20071218 0.73% 5.00% 0.52%

I need to create another table that has the date in ColA and the Stocks
(AA,GOOG etc) in B1:D1. I need a formula that will be in B2:D3 that gives
this result..

Date AA BAC DELL
20071212 0.99% NotFound 1.32%
20071217 0.76% NotFound 0.80%

Thank You in advance

Teethless mama

LookUp/Match/Index/OffSet Question

Use the one I provided to you yesterday. It should work exactly what you are
asking for.

"carl" wrote:

Not sure what to do on this one. I posted yesterday.

My Data Table is set-up like this:

Date AA GOOG DELL
20071212 0.99% 3.89% 1.32%
20071213 0.48% 2.96% 0.46%
20071214 1.02% 2.25% 1.37%
20071217 0.76% 4.37% 0.80%
20071218 0.73% 5.00% 0.52%

I need to create another table that has the date in ColA and the Stocks
(AA,GOOG etc) in B1:D1. I need a formula that will be in B2:D3 that gives
this result..

Date AA BAC DELL
20071212 0.99% NotFound 1.32%
20071217 0.76% NotFound 0.80%

Thank You in advance

Carl

LookUp/Match/Index/OffSet Question

Thank Teethless.

I could not get it to work. Formula returned "ref"

Can I send you a workbook ?

"carl" wrote:

Not sure what to do on this one. I posted yesterday.

My Data Table is set-up like this:

Date AA GOOG DELL
20071212 0.99% 3.89% 1.32%
20071213 0.48% 2.96% 0.46%
20071214 1.02% 2.25% 1.37%
20071217 0.76% 4.37% 0.80%
20071218 0.73% 5.00% 0.52%

I need to create another table that has the date in ColA and the Stocks
(AA,GOOG etc) in B1:D1. I need a formula that will be in B2:D3 that gives
this result..

Date AA BAC DELL
20071212 0.99% NotFound 1.32%
20071217 0.76% NotFound 0.80%

Thank You in advance

yshridhar

LookUp/Match/Index/OffSet Question

Assuming the date is not repeated and the data in in Sheet 1, the new table
in Sheet2
Try this formula
b2=IF(Sheet1!B$1=B$1,VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet1!$A$2:$D$6, COLUMN()),"Not found")
with regards
"carl" wrote:

Not sure what to do on this one. I posted yesterday.

My Data Table is set-up like this:

Date AA GOOG DELL
20071212 0.99% 3.89% 1.32%
20071213 0.48% 2.96% 0.46%
20071214 1.02% 2.25% 1.37%
20071217 0.76% 4.37% 0.80%
20071218 0.73% 5.00% 0.52%

I need to create another table that has the date in ColA and the Stocks
(AA,GOOG etc) in B1:D1. I need a formula that will be in B2:D3 that gives
this result..

Date AA BAC DELL
20071212 0.99% NotFound 1.32%
20071217 0.76% NotFound 0.80%