-   -   How see all the text in a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/170433-how-see-all-text-cell.html)

mscertified

How see all the text in a cell?

No suitable forum for this so posting it here.

How do I see all the text in a cell? It's hundreds or thousands of characters.
Can I expand a cell to be multiple lines?
What is the secret?
Tried to find out via Help but it's useless.

David Biddulph[_2_]

How see all the text in a cell?

To expand to multiple lines, Format/ Cells/ Alignment: wrap text.
If you are still having trouble, include an "Alt Enter" every so often,
which will give a new line.
--
David Biddulph

"mscertified" wrote in message
No suitable forum for this so posting it here.

How do I see all the text in a cell? It's hundreds or thousands of
characters.
Can I expand a cell to be multiple lines?
What is the secret?
Tried to find out via Help but it's useless.

JE McGimpsey

How see all the text in a cell?

In Help ("Specifications") you can discover that each cell can contain
32767 characters, of which the first 1024 characters can be displayed or
printed.

To work around that, you can insert LFs (alt-enter) every 1024
characters.