-   -   Function for formatting? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/170377-function-formatting.html)

mz

Function for formatting?

Can I highlight cell 1 that depends on cell2 left to cell 1?
I was thinking along the lines of conditional formatting just that cell 1 is
being highlighted if cell 2 has a certain value. Is this possible?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Function for formatting?

Yes. In CF use Formula Is, rather than Cell Value Is.
--
David Biddulph