-   -   Formula help for choosing from a set of values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/170358-formula-help-choosing-set-values.html)

ccclwilson

Formula help for choosing from a set of values

I am looking for help for a formula that will look at a set of values in
three columns and return the value of the last cell with data. Example
below. Hope this is not too vague.

col1 col2 col3 Result
1 1
1 2 2
1 3 3

If col1=1, return 1
If col1=1 and col2=2, return 2
If col1=1, col2=0 and col3=3, return 3

Mike Anas

Formula help for choosing from a set of values

If data in columns A, B, and C then

=if(isblank(c1)=false,c1,if(isblank(b1)=false,b1,a 1))

Mike Anas
http://mikeanas.googlepages.com/

Teethless mama

Formula help for choosing from a set of values

=MAX(INDEX((A1:C1<"")*COLUMN(A1:C1),0))

"ccclwilson" wrote:

I am looking for help for a formula that will look at a set of values in
three columns and return the value of the last cell with data. Example
below. Hope this is not too vague.

col1 col2 col3 Result
1 1
1 2 2
1 3 3

If col1=1, return 1
If col1=1 and col2=2, return 2
If col1=1, col2=0 and col3=3, return 3

T. Valko

Formula help for choosing from a set of values

To return the *last numeric* value from a range:

=IF(COUNT(A1:C1),LOOKUP(1E100,A1:C1),"")

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ccclwilson" wrote in message
I am looking for help for a formula that will look at a set of values in
three columns and return the value of the last cell with data. Example
below. Hope this is not too vague.

col1 col2 col3 Result
1 1
1 2 2
1 3 3

If col1=1, return 1
If col1=1 and col2=2, return 2
If col1=1, col2=0 and col3=3, return 3

ccclwilson

Formula help for choosing from a set of values

Wonderful, it works. Thanks.