Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hyperlinking from data in one sheet to matching data in another sheet

Hi,

I've got a list of names in column A on Sheet 1 in which I've inserted
hyperlinks to associated names on Sheet 2. To have the hyperlinks
work, I've named the cells in column A on Sheet 2 to correspond with
the name (e.g., Steve is in cell A1 on Sheet1 with a hyperlink to a
cell (A10) named Steve). This works fine until I add names to Sheet2
and resort it. Obviously the hyperlink is pointing to cell A10 no
matter which name shows up in the cell after resorting, even though
it's named Steve (Bob may end up in that cell after resorting). I
need the hyperlink to pop over to the cell that Steve is in on Sheet2
no matter where it is located, and no matter how it has been sorted.
Can anyone give me an idea of what to do here? Thanks.

Frank