-   -   Excel 2007, show negative in my financial statements in brackets? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/169852-excel-2007-show-negative-my-financial-statements-brackets.html)

caimbeul

Excel 2007, show negative in my financial statements in brackets?

In Excel 2007, there doesn't seem to be an ability to show a negative result
as brackets in my financial statements . All I seem to get in the accounting
format cells is the negative symbol i.e. -, in the results.

How do I resolve????

Bernard Liengme

Excel 2007, show negative in my financial statements in brackets?

Have a look at "The negative number inside parenthesis format is not available in Excel for numbers or for currency" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832285/en-us
Or use a custom format such as _-$* #,##0.00_-;($* #,##0.00)_-;_-$* "-"??_-;_-@_-
best wishes
--