Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default STRIP CHARACTERS

I looking for awat to break up a cell into 3 different cells.
I can use 3 different formulas if I have too.
I get data like below

123X324X3333
or
1234x45x4343

The amount of numbers may vary abd the X may be x or X.
I can get te first set of numbers with
=LEFT(Q10,MATCH(FALSE,ISNUMBER(-MID(Q10,ROW(INDIRECT("1:8")),
1)),FALSE)-1)
But cannot get the middle or end set of numbers,

Any Ideas?