-   -   Split DATE cell into three new cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/169788-split-date-cell-into-three-new-cells.html)

Xx Licher xX

Split DATE cell into three new cells?

Could anyone give some pointers as how I could do this???

I have a column "D" which holds MM/DD/YY (multiple records), and I need to
split into three seperate colums- "E", "F", &"G", and delete the value in "D"
or delete the column. Should I use FOR/NEXT???

Gracuious...

Luke M

Split DATE cell into three new cells?

Use DAY, MONTH, and YEAR functions.
E.g,
Column E
=DAY(D1)
Column F
=MONTH(D1)
Column G
=YEAR(D1)

Then, select columns E:G, copy, right click, and do a paste special - values
Then you can delete column D
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Xx Licher xX" wrote:

Could anyone give some pointers as how I could do this???

I have a column "D" which holds MM/DD/YY (multiple records), and I need to
split into three seperate colums- "E", "F", &"G", and delete the value in "D"
or delete the column. Should I use FOR/NEXT???

Gracuious...

Bob Phillips

Split DATE cell into three new cells?

Do a DataText To Columns, with a delimiter of /.

--
---
HTH

Bob