Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Updating Workbooks from multiple links Workbooks

I have a "Running Totals" Workbook that is linked to another workbook (Named
Sept) which is linked to another workbook (Named August) which is linked -
you get the idea - for the entire Fiscal year. Is there a way to update the
last Workbook (Running Totals) without opening and manually updating and
saving all of the other previous Workbooks?

Thanks,
Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This isn't a solution.....just my "two cents worth":

From my experience, your linked workbook structure is a disaster waiting to
happen. On several occasions I've inherited extensive linked workbook
structures...usually after they've collapsed or become corrupted (source
folders deleted, files moved, files on a PC not currently connected to the
network, etc). Consequently, I completely avoid linking. If I need data
from another workbook, I make structure the "public data" as a table and
either write a macro to get it or use MS Query to pull it.

That being said...if you absolutely MUST link,
see if one of these websites helps:
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...sed-workbooks/
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm#files

Regards,