-   -   IF with AND function?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/169652-if-function.html)

proinwv

IF with AND function??

I want to evaluate a value between two limits. In other words, a greater
than and less than, using an IF function.

I wrote the equation:
=IF(0<(fp)<100,(12/42)*qi,(6/42)*qi)
for the conditions of fp greater than 0 and less than 100, but regardless of
what value I use for fp, it returns the second (false) result.

Obviously I have written the equation incorrectly. How should it have been
written?

Thanks in advance!
--
PROINWV

T. Valko

IF with AND function??

Try it like this:

=IF(AND(fp0,fp<100),12/42*qi,6/42*qi)

Note that 0 and 100 are excluded. If you meant that the boundaries are to be
included:

=IF(AND(fp=0,fp<=100),12/42*qi,6/42*qi)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

I wrote the equation:
=IF(0<(fp)<100,(12/42)*qi,(6/42)*qi)
for the conditions of fp greater than 0 and less than 100, but regardless
of
what value I use for fp, it returns the second (false) result.

Obviously I have written the equation incorrectly. How should it have been
written?

Thanks in advance!
--
PROINWV

proinwv

IF with AND function??

Thanks very much. That solves my problem.

Also, thanks for the fast reply.

T. Valko

IF with AND function??

Biff