-   -   Return text in Column A if Column B and Column K match (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/169598-return-text-column-if-column-b-column-k-match.html)

jeannie v

Return text in Column A if Column B and Column K match

Greetings Experts:

I need help in doing what should be very simple...I would like a formula or
a macro that will return the text from Column A and plant in Column L if
Column B and Column K are the same.

Example: B = 12345 K=12345 Text in Column A is entered in Column L

jeannie v

David Biddulph[_2_]

Return text in Column A if Column B and Column K match

=IF(B2=K2,A2,"")
I assume you want a blank in L if B and K are not the same?
--
David Biddulph

"jeannie v" wrote in message
Greetings Experts:

I need help in doing what should be very simple...I would like a formula
or
a macro that will return the text from Column A and plant in Column L if
Column B and Column K are the same.

Example: B = 12345 K=12345 Text in Column A is entered in Column L

jeannie v

T. Valko

Return text in Column A if Column B and Column K match

With a formula...

Entered in L1 then copied down as needed:

=IF(B1=K1,A1,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jeannie v" wrote in message
Greetings Experts:

I need help in doing what should be very simple...I would like a formula
or
a macro that will return the text from Column A and plant in Column L if
Column B and Column K are the same.

Example: B = 12345 K=12345 Text in Column A is entered in Column L

jeannie v

jeannie v

Return text in Column A if Column B and Column K match

This worked beautifully....Thank you so much.
--
jeannie v