-   -   link cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/169597-link-cells.html)

Jim

link cells

I am doing a tax estimate workbook. It has 3 worksheets-income, deductions
and tax calculation. I want to the income total from the income sheet in the
deduction sheet. I can't figure out how to do this without entering the
number manually.

Thanks

CLR

link cells

On the sheet where you want the total income, sheet put this formula,
assuming the income is totaled in cell A1 of the Income sheet.

=Income!A1

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jim" wrote:

I am doing a tax estimate workbook. It has 3 worksheets-income, deductions
and tax calculation. I want to the income total from the income sheet in the
deduction sheet. I can't figure out how to do this without entering the
number manually.

Thanks

Jim

link cells

That worked just fine, thanks. Now I want to take that figure and multiply it
by a constant. I think I am not doing that correctly either because all it
leaves in the cell is the formula

"Jim" wrote:

I am doing a tax estimate workbook. It has 3 worksheets-income, deductions
and tax calculation. I want to the income total from the income sheet in the
deduction sheet. I can't figure out how to do this without entering the
number manually.

Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

link cells

If all you can see in the cell is the formula, then it's probably formatted
as Text, so re-format it to General and re-enter the formula.
--
David Biddulph

"Jim" wrote:

I am doing a tax estimate workbook. It has 3 worksheets-income,
deductions
and tax calculation. I want to the income total from the income sheet
in the
deduction sheet. I can't figure out how to do this without entering the
number manually.

Thanks

CLR

link cells

Actually, I run into trouble every time I try to "multiply my Income by a
constant" also. I've tried =Income*WIFE, and =Income*GirlFriend, etc, but
it always seems to come out as a BIG NEGATIVE NUMBER <BG.

Seriously tho, David's suggestion will probably solve your problem, but if
not, post your formula and we'll take a look.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3