-   -   excell 2007 moving data in cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/169585-excell-2007-moving-data-cell.html)

greenliam

excell 2007 moving data in cell

my excell no longer allows me to left click on a cell or row, with or without
data, and move elsewhere on a spread sheet.
mouse is ok.
Is there a command i can use to get this facility back.
Its stopping my work and driving me nuts.

thanks
--
greenliam

Stephen[_2_]

excell 2007 moving data in cell

Tools Options Edit tab
Allow cell drag and drop should be checked.

"greenliam" wrote in message
my excell no longer allows me to left click on a cell or row, with or
without
data, and move elsewhere on a spread sheet.
mouse is ok.
Is there a command i can use to get this facility back.
Its stopping my work and driving me nuts.

thanks
--
greenliam

BoniM

excell 2007 moving data in cell

If I understand correctly... Click Office Button, Excel Options, Advanced and
make sure there is a check beside Enable fill handle and cell drag-and-drop.
If this doesn't fix your problem, please give a little more detail about what
you mean by left click a cell or row to move it.

"greenliam" wrote:

my excell no longer allows me to left click on a cell or row, with or without
data, and move elsewhere on a spread sheet.
mouse is ok.
Is there a command i can use to get this facility back.
Its stopping my work and driving me nuts.

thanks
--
greenliam

greenliam

excell 2007 moving data in cell

All done, thanks.
--
greenliam

"greenliam" wrote:

my excell no longer allows me to left click on a cell or row, with or without
data, and move elsewhere on a spread sheet.
mouse is ok.
Is there a command i can use to get this facility back.
Its stopping my work and driving me nuts.

thanks
--
greenliam

greenliam