-   -   Calculating days since a particular event (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/169584-calculating-days-since-particular-event.html)

[email protected]

Calculating days since a particular event

Is there a way to automatically calculate days since a particular date
(event)?
For example, if X event (in column A) happened on 1/1/06 and Y event
(in column B) happened on 10/14/07, how do I make column C = the
number of days between X and Y (column A and B)?

Thanks

Carim

Calculating days since a particular event

Hi,

As long as you are using Dates ...
=B2-A2

HTH

Peo Sjoblom

Calculating days since a particular event

=B1-A1

format as general

Peo Sjoblom

wrote in message
Is there a way to automatically calculate days since a particular date
(event)?
For example, if X event (in column A) happened on 1/1/06 and Y event
(in column B) happened on 10/14/07, how do I make column C = the
number of days between X and Y (column A and B)?

Thanks

BoniM

Calculating days since a particular event

if column A and B are both formatted as dates:
=B2-A2
Format the result cell (C2) as General or Number.

Dates are actually stored as numbers that are incremented by 1 for each day,
so subtracting one date from another will always give you a number of days.