Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sumproduct question

Good morning.
I know there's a sumproduct solution, but I can't seem to nail it. I need
to pull data out of a table based on two criteria, one of which may not
always exist. Here's the source table, stored on worksheet 'SOURCE':

A B C D
1 Code Mod Desc Value A
..
..
..
50 12345 Yada yada 6.5
51 12345 A Yada yada 2.2
52 12345 B Yada yada 4.3

This table has about 6000 rows. The description doesn't vary, but the
'Value A' does. (And there are values B, C, and D for which I'll want to
copy the working formula.)

On another worksheet 'TARGET', I want to enter the code in column A, mod in
column B, and pull the 'Value A' into column C using some sort of lookup or
sumproduct, I think:

A B C
1 12345 6.5
2 12345 A 2.2
3 12345 B 4.3

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Rather than sumproduct, consider AutoFilter. If if turn on AutoFilter:
Data Filter AutoFilter

you can set separate criteria on each of the columns. Only the matching
columns will be displayed and can be copied/pasted elsewhere.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200761

"pdberger" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob --

You are absolutely the man. I had to remove the '!' (perhaps because I'm on
Excel 2003?) but it works great. Thank you.

Peter