-   -   Format cells to General? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/169132-format-cells-general.html)

Rick S.

Format cells to General?

It seems, at least for me, that formatting cells to "General" is nearly
impossible to maintain.
I set a cell (or thousands of cells) to "General" format for formula's. Any
time my self, another user or a macro alters the values in the cell the
format changes back to "Text"!?
What the heck!
Is there a fix?

--
Regards

VBA.Noob.Confused
XP Pro
Office 2007
Brain 1961

Rick S.

Format cells to General?

P.S.
Setting the cell to"General" prior to entering any data doesn't eleviate the
problem at all. (Something MS told me to do).
--
Regards

VBA.Noob.Confused
XP Pro