-   -   using a toggle button to show or hide information in several cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/168912-using-toggle-button-show-hide-information-several-cells.html)

hanson

using a toggle button to show or hide information in several cells

I have a sheet that contains confidential information and only want it
visible when I need it. I can insert all the different buttons and boxes but
can not seem to get them to do this.

Luke M

using a toggle button to show or hide information in several cells

If the information is a whole row/column, you could record of macro of you
hiding the rows, and unhiding the rows (seperate recordings, of course)

Then just assign the macros to two buttons

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"hanson" wrote:

I have a sheet that contains confidential information and only want it
visible when I need it. I can insert all the different buttons and boxes but
can not seem to get them to do this.

Gord Dibben

using a toggle button to show or hide information in several cells

Luke

Why not just one button to toggle hide or not hide?

Sub togglerows()
Dim rng As Range
Dim Cell As Range
Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range("A10:A14")
rng.EntireRow.Hidden = Not rng.EntireRow.Hidden
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 11:25:04 -0800, Luke M
wrote:

If the information is a whole row/column, you could record of macro of you
hiding the rows, and unhiding the rows (seperate recordings, of course)

Then just assign the macros to two buttons

Gord Dibben

using a toggle button to show or hide information in several cells

You cannot hide individual cells.

Rows or columns, yes.

You can use Custom Views to set up differing views or use the ToggleRows code I
posted in my other posting in this thread.

As far as hiding "confidential" information, my rule is "if you don't want them
to see it, don't include it in the workbook".

Excel security is just weak enough that anyone with acess to the 'net and
password crackers can uncover your data.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP