-   -   Macros pulling info from other worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/168910-macros-pulling-info-other-worksheets.html)

Dave Peterson

Macros pulling info from other worksheets

One way is to create a userform that has a combobox for each worksheet you need.

If you want to try, take a look at the userform in Myrna Larson and Bill
Manville's compare program:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm
look for compare.xla

wrote:

How can I have the macro / vba prompt me for the name of the workbook
and sheet each time I run it? Both the active sheet and the one I
would be pulling from will be open, but the one I am pulling from will
change in name and its sheet names will be different each time.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

[email protected]

On Dec 7, 1:01 pm, wrote:
How can I have the macro / vba prompt me for the name of the workbook
and sheet each time I run it? Both the active sheet and the one I
would be pulling from will be open, but the one I am pulling from will
change in name and its sheet names will be different each time.

Thanks

PS using Excel 2007

Gord Dibben

Macros pulling info from other worksheets

You have one response over in the programming newsgroup.

Stick with one group and forget the multi-posting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP