-   -   vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/168798-vlookup.html)

Curtis

vlookup

I have a column which contains the following type data
0125 - BYK-CRI-CC-SMITH

All I care about is the 0125. Is there a formula that I could use that would
vlookup if a cell contains certain data.

Pete_UK

vlookup

You can use LEFT(A1,4) to extract just the first 4 characters, but
you'll have to give some more detail on how your data is laid out and
what you want to do if you want more advice.

Hope this helps.

Pete